OPEN HEARTS - OPEN MINDS - OPEN DOORS
We are Christians, who are excited to be part of the United Methodist Church.
The United Methodists were founded by John Wesley. We are known for our emphasis on a personal faith, we live out in the world.
"Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit."
Interested in learning more about the Christian faith and about the Methodist, please visit the United Methodist Church website.
Everyone has a story.
The Waller Methodist Episcopal Church, South, traces its history to 1888, when we were first mentioned in Regional Methodist Conference records. The congregation met in Waller School at Pine and Cherry Streets; including a Methodist Sunday school led by Grace and Carrie White.
The church’s first building was completed in 1906 at the corner of Farr and Bois D’Arc Streets. The building was destroyed by a tornado two years later; then rebuilt at the same location in 1909.
The church building was devastated by another tornado in 1917, and a new building was erected at the corner of Smith and Cherry streets in 1920. From 1920 to 1940, the Methodist alternated church services with Waller Baptist, was served twice a month by circuit riding ministers.
The current building was built in 1940 and then in 2003 the beautiful stained-glass window was installed.
Our Celebration Center, which previously had the life of a hardware store, was generously donated by a member for outreach to the people in our community.
Copyright © 2019 Waller United Methodist Church - All Rights Reserved.